Thursday, July 07, 2005

18 hour difference

What a difference 18 hours can make.

Thank you everyone so very much for your support. Got tons of emails yesterday and this morning. All of them very loving and supportive. A couple even were a good kick in the pants. Thank you.

Elizabeth is doing well. Got a report from Steph a bit ago. Seems Elizabeth took to the bottle very well last night and, if I heard right, took two feedings almost exclusively from the bottle. Elizabeth still seems to tire quickly when eating directly from Mommy, but working on that is today's and tomorrow's project. Steph is feeling very encouraging by all of the positive feedback from the night nurse.

Speaking of nurses, from what I could decipher on the phone with Steph (it was a quick call and I was still sleeping :-)), today's nurse is not the cream of the crop, but by no means low on the totem pole either. We'll take middle of the road. :-)

As for me, I hitting the DayQuil as much as the directions will let me, guzzling down the water and taking it easy. Now is it feed a cold and starve a flu? Or the other way around? I always get those mixed up.

Thanks again for all of your encouraging words and support. It's good to know you all have been beating on our Father's door (Luke 11:1-13).

Grace and peace,
Allen

4 comments:

Jed said...

me, I hitting de Dey-Quil... it make me so happy I can hardlee reemember how to uuse de compyuuter...

Allen said...

Thanks Jed for being on top of my grammatical mishaps. mp.

Jed said...

I hitting de Dey-Quil... I hit de Dey-Quil and I *hit* de Dey-Quil and I *HIT* de Dey-quil until de Dey-Quil, she hits me back and I feel so warm and happy insayde.

Allen said...

Jed, you're weird.