First off, thanks to all who commented, emailed or called with feedback on the bar-tending idea. Steph and I are throwing it around with some seriousness, but since I wouldn’t want to pursue it until after this class is finished, it wouldn’t be for another three or four weeks anyway. It may be a moot issue at that point. If not, we’ll address it again. Regardless it provided some great conversations between me and Steph. It was nice to have a few days of deep conversation about the same topic with the woman I love. Those conversations are sometimes few and far between.Second, God is taking care of us for the time being. Looks like I’ll be helping some folks pack books this weekend for a nice sized wage. Then next week, through a great friend, I’ll be helping a local farmer paint a whole bunch of fence. If it’s good enough for Huck Finn, it’s good enough for me. :-) Lastly, and perhaps quirkiest of all, I’ll be participating in a focus group of sorts next week. A taste test really. Of what, you ask? One of my favorite foods: bread. Look on Craigslist, friends; you’ll find all sorts of things.
Lastly, I’ve been sending out a fair bit of resumes. No takers yet, but I sent a couple last week and then four more today. And there are a couple more Craigslist ads that were added today that might be a good fit. So, with Steph’s help, we are ever looking for work.
Thanks again for the well-wishes and comments and prayers. And hey, if you know of anybody hiring near the 01982 zip code, lemme know.
1 comment:
steph told us at bible study that you had some odd jobs lined up.
YAY!!!
Post a Comment