Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bartender, Pour Me Another!


So what do you think?
With the very recent job loss, Allen and I have discussed various options. One we laughed about at first was the idea of being a Bartender, but after a bit we thought it could be a great way to earn money to get through school, and could be an amazing witnessing opportunity.
He could complete the course in 1-2 weeks for around $200-$300 depending on the school, and should hopefully be able to use his new found bartenders license to procure a job that would work well with his school hours. So I ask again, what do you think?

What do you think are the Pros and Cons to being a Christian Bartender, living on a dry campus (pdf) and attempting two degrees at GCTS?

4 comments:

Jeana said...

I think you listed all the pros in your post. The only con I can think of would be possibly not seeing very much of each other alone. I mean, if he's at school all day and then you're both dealing with the kids and then he leaves after they go to bed...you know? But maybe that wouldn't be an issue. I think if the school is okay with it, it's a great idea.

Jeana said...

Forgot to ask: any word on the childcare job for you?

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great ministry opportunity. My only concern would be the hours. Most bartending jobs are evenings / late nights. I would suggest trying to find a schedule that allows you to keep your sanity. :o) Of course the place he chooses to bartend will carry some weight. Most restaraunts carry bartenders (AppleBees, Olive garden, etc)...then you can bartend at regular bars. I would prefer the first, but am not sure of your choices in Hamilton. Anyhoo...I wouldn't think any less of Allen if he took a job like that. I personally would love the people interaction you would get as a bartender! Hope this helps. PS...keeping the dry campus in mind, a bartender also has the job of cutting people off before it gets out of hand. He can help people in that sense. Does the school have anything against that sort of job?

Maria said...

I'm there...as long as he makes some great Sangria!