
Life is always exciting around here and today was no exception.
It began with the girls having a rough night's sleep and then waking up earlier than we would have preferred this morning. Then as is custom I got the girls going and eventually sat down to check email while finally eating my cold oatmeal. Every Friday the school sends a general classified type email with jobs, ministry opportunities, etc. I enjoy looking through to see if anything jumps out at me, though usually it just gets sent to trash after a quick skim. Today's addition, however, held a neat opportunity to care for an infant twice a week and get paid.
Having prayed for sometime for just such an opportunity, I spoke with Allen and then called. The rest of the morning and early afternoon would consist of me running around nervously cleaning and running through all sorts of interview questions. The meeting went well, though I won't hear anything until mid June, but exciting none-the-less.
Allen returned home shortly after my interviewers left and graciously allowed me to go on about it excitedly. Once I finally took a breath he revealed the purpose behind his lack of enthusiasm.
Simultaneously as I was interviewing for a job, he was being laid off via a phone call from his boss.
Pray for us on so many levels right now from wisdom in our job searches to strength in whatever He has for us. And may I be better with another person's baby than some seem to be :-)
1 comment:
Hey Allen and steffy,
I am so sorry to hear about the job =( I will be praying for you as you look for other jobs and that God will bless you and take care of you. I love you both! (and of course Lizzie and Ellie too =)). I will let you know if I hear of any job ideas also...
Post a Comment