Saturday, May 02, 2009

Still Here

We are still here, but as you probably guessed, life with one more little one is not as simple as adding one more to the mix.

Malina Grace, (or Gracie, as some of us have taken to calling her), is very sweet and laid back.

Her flexibility has been huge in this transitional phase, but unfortunately a cold found our home, and she is now struggling through the sniffles at 1 month old. Part of me feels tremendous guilt that she is already sick and yet I know there is very little I could have done differently to try and prevent it. Both Allen and Lizzie have been under the weather the past week and a half, and realistically, just trying to keep Lizzie from coughing near Gracie, has been a chore.

Please, be praying that she gets over it very quickly and that it doesn't get any worse.

Also, prayers for Lizzie and Ellie would be appreciated, as they learn how to share Mommy and Daddy. They have been so sweet with their sister, but definitely have made it known to Allen and myself, that they don't appreciate the lack of attention. For example, in the past couple of days they have thrown more temper tantrums, screamed more times and said the words "No" and "Why" more frequently than I care to calculate, than ever before.

Also, there was the melting stick of butter all over the kitchen, newly cleaned dishes and bodies of a 3 and 2 year old. Oh, and today's expression of frustration by Lizzie: the new tube of toothpaste all over the bathroom counters, floor, toilet, hair ties, and carefully shredded toilet paper. It was truly a sight to see. In fact, if I thought I could get a picture without giving my creative bathroom decorator the wrong message, I would have shown you all just what a mess it was.

2 comments:

Melissa Young said...

Oh no! I'm sorry stephy =( I will be praying for all of you; I know you have an overwhelming amount of stuff going on right now.
Love you alot and miss you.

steph said...

Thanks Lissa. It has been pretty funny around here. Allen and I have had to hold back the laughter many, many times the past few weeks. Thanks for your prayers though. They are always welcome an appreciated.