Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thoughts From My Quiet Time

My quiet time has been moved to "naptime" as of late. And I think I just read my new favorite verses. I couldn't help but chuckle just imagining the imagery. God is amazing and worthy of our praise, but sometimes He has an awesome sense of humor when He is scolding His children:

Job 38:12-13
(The LORD speaking to Job out of a storm)
"Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,
that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?"

Sometimes we can get so self-righteous, but God always takes the time to remind us who He is and who we are not.

Later in the chapter the LORD's sarcasm continues:
Job 38:19-21
"What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?
Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!"

May I remember my place and be humbled by it, so that I can be freed to serve Him well, without my pride getting in the way.

2 comments:

Mom Young said...

Lesson learned for all of us Steph. Thank You

Allen said...

"Surely you know, for you were already born! You have lived so many years!"

Hilarious. And not. All at the same time.