Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Delta's Letter of Response

Allen and I tried very hard to get this letter in a link so that it wouldn't take up the whole page. However, we were unsuccessful, so please only read the following letter from Delta (a response to my lengthy complaint letter) if you are really interested.

Dear Ms. Hutchison:

Thank you for your correspondence describing your recent experience with Delta and our Delta Connection partners, Altantic Southeast Airlines and Comair. We apologize and appreciate your taking the time to share the details.

Your time is valuable, and operating on schedule is equally important to us. In the process of providing air service over many different routes each day, we sometimes encounter mechanical problems, adverse weather, and other unavoidable interruptions. These are situations faced by all airlines and no carrier can guarantee that all flights will depart and arrive as planned. We're sorry you were inconvenienced.

I am very sorry your clothing was damaged on your recent trip with us. We place great emphasis on providing the highest standards of service to our customers and we regret this unfortunate incident.

The films shown on Delta reflect those currently produced. We realize some contain material that may be objectionable to individuals for various reasons. The feedback we receive from our passengers plays a direct role in our decision regarding future programs, and we will continue to exercise as much discretion as possible in this area.

As a goodwill gesture, we have issued our $100.00 electronic Transportation Credits for each passenger which may be used toward future Delta travel. E-TCVs are valid for one year from the date of issue. If redeemed at delta.com, they will not incur a transaction fee. Fees will apply if the e-credits are redeemed through any other Delta location. Please refer to the enclosed terms and conditions of the e-credits for additional information.

Please accept our apology for the unfavorable impression you received in this instance. We appreciate your selection of Delta and will always consider it a privilege to be of service.

Sincerely,

N--- F---
Manager
Customer Care

8 comments:

mandy said...

so what's your take on it? any final words on that letter?

Neal said...

At the very least, you didn't get what appears to be an automated response.

Too bad you'd have to fly Delta again to redeem their voucher.

Laura said...

given the state of customer servicde in the friendly skies these days i would sy you have eceived some satisfaction.
you go girl!
so where do you want to go?

Laura said...

sorry about the typos my keyboard is all wonky
that's my story and i'm sticking to it!

steph said...

I have run the gambit of feelings in relation to this letter. I quickly decided that to avoid having bitterness creep into my life, that I would have to write one more letter and then leave it at that. I am working on my drafts of that letter and will post it once it is ready to be sent. I think that will best express my reactions to this letter without rambling on and on here.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for following through and sending your letter. Regardless of how you feel about their reply, I think it's good to have made your voice heard.

Jeana said...

So basically, they aren't going to change their movie selections, they aren't going to give you a full refund for the carseat, and they are asking you to fly with them again, despite being unfavorable, by giving you credit vouchers. I can see why your feelings would be all over the place.

steph said...

That pretty much sums it up. I have written the first few drafts of the letter in response, but my "editor" is currently on sick leave due to a possible herniated disc between L4 and L5. I will post the letter when he returns.