Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Back Woes

Allen's PT appointment went well. They say he probably has a leak in one of his discs ("probably" because they would have to do an MRI to know for sure).



For now they are going to treat it as such and have him rest it up with one stretch he is to do 2-3 times daily until his next appointment on Tuesday. The hope is to regain fluid in his disc so that in time he can move on to strengthening the disc and surrounding muscles. This means no lifting anything over 10 lbs.
Translation: I have to lift everything! Pray for us. As we go through this we are also battling a flu-bug-virus-thingy (yes all 4 of us, what can I say we do everything together :-) ).

The good news is that God has given us some great friends in our building, who we can call, or knock on their door if we need help in the coming days and weeks.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Maybe it's a little Godsend that I am coming out when I am to help you guys!

steph said...

I must confess I thought that myself when looking at the calendar. We can't wait to see you!

Maria said...

I can't wait either!!!!