I have NEVER been a runner. In fact, even those that are closest to me have probably never seen me "run". I was just too self-conscious about "doing it wrong" or "looking silly" to even try. Despite my lack of running, I have been intrigued at the idea of marathons. A tangible goal that I could reach for, even if it seemed super far away. Recently I have become even more interested in the thing called "running".
I read about friends' experiences and can't help but wonder if I could... possibly... maybe... Try... running.
Yesterday I mentioned this interest on Facebook, and in a very short period of time had more people respond than I would have ever imagined. The funny thing is that most of the responses lead me to the same place...a program called C25K (Couch to 5k). After looking at it, I think I am going to give it a go.
So tomorrow will mark Week 1 Day 1 for me and hopefully in 9 weeks I will be able to say that I can not only run, but run a 5K.
Anyone want to join me?
Yesterday I mentioned this interest on Facebook, and in a very short period of time had more people respond than I would have ever imagined. The funny thing is that most of the responses lead me to the same place...a program called C25K (Couch to 5k). After looking at it, I think I am going to give it a go.
So tomorrow will mark Week 1 Day 1 for me and hopefully in 9 weeks I will be able to say that I can not only run, but run a 5K.
Anyone want to join me?
2 comments:
you go girl!!! I have a few friends here that run. But me? well. My go-to (and real) excuse is that my knees and shins can't take it. I'm a "low-impact" kinda gal. So I get on the elliptical and swish swish swish for few miles while watching some show streaming off the internet.
Yeah. I'm boring like that. No scenery or houses or pavement or pets to look at.
You, however, will have a beautiful landscape to take you in as you run. Enjoy!!
Super cool! Way to go Stephanie. It's definitely hard at first (especially right after a baby)... but once you get used to it, it's downright fun! Well, almost.
I need to start running, or doing something, again. I haven't really had much in the way of a work out routine in months!
Post a Comment