So I have taken to sweeping up toys as I clean the kitchen floor. Rather than bend over every 5 seconds to pick up a toy that I have asked a child (or children) to pick up at least a dozen times, I choose to act as though I am going to throw it away. In order to prove I mean business, there have been occasions that I have had to throw away a crayon or other such items. The older two girls have learned quickly to examine the pile I am sweeping into, in order to be sure their beloved items are not going to be disposed of soon.
I was at it again this afternoon. Lizzie quickly grabbed some crayons, a drawing and a marble machine piece. Gracie appeared to have found something in the pile as well, and followed her big sister's lead. When I looked to see what she had decided was valuable enough to pick through a pile of kitchen floor dirt, I saw that it was not a toy, or a crayon or even a scrap of paper that a child had made into a piece of artwork. Nope, it was...a goldfish cracker.
Of course it was in her mouth before I could stop her, and since I was cleaning, I chose to let her finish digesting those germs, without putting my unclean hands into her mouth in an attempt to remove the already mushed up, floor-fishy.
Who knew that goldfish crackers were such a valued treasure?
2 comments:
Too funny!
Stick to the code....5 second rule, it's more of a guideline really. I think her interpretation is a stretch, but I can see the heart behind it. 5 days, 5 seconds, whatever.
Post a Comment