Saturday, June 28, 2008

Princess Party



Lizzie has been asking to do a Princess party for sometime now, so when her birthday was coming, we knew what the party would be. We ended up inviting a few of Lizzie friends over for crust-less sandwiches, chips, veggies, fruit, gogurt, amazing princess punch (bug my great friend Sarah for the recipe sometime, it is well worth it), and of course cake and ice cream. The cake was beautifully made by another dear friend, Jessica:


can you believe she made it all out of icing!

Anyhow, the party was great, and I think the kids had fun (which is the point). And with the exception of the glitter everywhere, there wasn't much to clean up or fix afterward!



Thanks to everyone who came and made Lizzie's party so special!

Oh, and by the way, Lizzie seems to think that we need another party next week just like it. Hopefully by next week I can get through the idea of a birthday being once a year...maybe I should start by figuring out how to explain how long a year is? Any Ideas????

1 comment:

Jeana said...

So adorable! Whenever Noah needs help understanding how far away an event is we show him the calendar and flip through all the months pointing out all the birthdays and anniversaries that will happen before the said event. I don't think he fully understands the concept of a year yet, but gets that there is a cycle of birthdays and stuff and that he has to wait his turn.