Need your input here folks. The question is at the bottom.
We put everything on our credit card and pay it off every month. And we reap the benefits. We have a State Farm credit card that accumlates State Farm Dollars. Which we then turn around and use to pay our renter’s and car insurance. It’s worked great thus far. Few minor issues here and there, but overall, pleased with the service. But, State Farm has always been behind the times when it comes to online options for interacting with your credit card (viewing reports, posting things in a timely manner, payment options). They just switched to a new system… and somewhere in the mix up of old and new system the almost $1000 bill for this month just got paid… TWICE.
TURNS OUT. I am an idiot.
I set up the payment twice. Once under the old system and once under the new system. Turns out there was a way to see the old system, I just didn’t look very hard. This was my fault. The guy on the phone wasn’t up to par, but I almost put him in a bad spot. So, my apologies to State Farm.
Don’t know if we’ll switch or not now, but I’m still curious…
What credit card(s) do you use? What perk(s) do they have?
p.p.s My dad has wisely said: “Son, it’s not that you mess up. Everyone does. It’s how you respond to your mess up that matters.” That’s the deciding factor in customer service for me. I’m still not thrilled with how the guy handled the situation, but in all fairness it was my fault. So, there you go. My bad State Farm. My bad.
2 comments:
I sincerely enjoyed reading this fun little account in your life. I could hear your voice saying it all including the Na-uh and riiiiiight.
Unfortunately, I have never found a good credit card that had great benefits. I just switched to one that had a very low APR and cancelled my other ones...neither of which had any benefits worth mentioning, even though I paid mine off every month as well. We have a joint credit card, but Knute has never mentioned any great benefits either. Sorry! I was no help at all! I basically commented to tell you thank you for writing such an entertaining story. I laughed (at your expense) , but more because I have been there many times with companies and laughing feels better than crying. I hope you guys find something good...then clue us in on which company it is! Miss you guys!
oh wow. this is why i'm glad drew handles all of this stuff in our family.
yes. we have credit cards. but we pay them off each month - same as y'all.
i don't know what we'd do in this situation.
talk about bad timing!
Post a Comment