Sunday, August 28, 2005

Dear Diary

Amidst Steph's scrapbooking craze this afternoon, she found her old diaries. She has shown them to me before and let me cruise them. But somehow I missed this gem which she found today (and yes, she is letting me post this):
3/22/93 [11 years old]
Dear Diary,
My brother and sister just lost a tooth. I have 6 Cabbage Patches now. I don't like boys at all (yuk)! I don't understand them. I love my family. Even though we have a dog, I would like a small house dog of my own. I would like one for my birthday. I would like a small dog like a chihuahua. I love animals. I am getting to like reading a lot better. When I grow up I want to buy 5 acres of land out in the country. I want to have 4 cows, 10 horses, 12 chickens, 3 dogs, 1 cat, 20 kids, a husband and a goat. We would make everything, even the house, and we would home school the children.
Sincerely,
Stephanie
Glad to see I made it above the goat.

And 19 more babies? Uh, no.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nineteen more babies just like our Elizabeth would be pretty wonderful!! Course, easy for me to say, I'm the Grandma. Allen is very fortunate that he escaped the Yuk category.
Interested in homeschooling at age 11? An interesting commentary on the CA school system

Anonymous said...

I personally would have taken the goat!