Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Journey home...the Parham edition

After leaving the Hansen's in VA we headed even further south stopping in NC for lunch, where I was able to reunite with my beautiful cousin, Amber, after roughly 20 years of having no contact (due to family issues beyond us, that I need not get into here). We met at her church, Manna Church in Fayetteville, NC. It was only about an hour or so, but it felt strangely as though we had never been apart. She told me in brief what life had looked like for her the past 20 years and I marveled at what God brought her through to bring her to today. Now she is a born-again Christian, on fire for the LORD despite her past. And though she still faces obstacles, she relies on God in a way that is humbling and pushes me to seek God more. Of course, once again, I didn't get my camera out, so you will just have to be pictureless for this post.

1 comment:

schools said...

A picture isn't needed, your words said it all!