Today was a day of blessings.
First, the church Women's Bible Study began this morning. It was great. And best of all, not a single person in my group has anything to do with the seminary. That means I am going to be able to get to know 7 other godly women from the area. I am so excited!
Second, Allen had his back appointment today and the neurosurgeon is awesome. He is very old school in manner and style. He is an older gentleman who you can tell has been in the back business for quite some time. He said that surgery is an option, but that it is up to Allen when and if it will happen. He asked what Allen's calendar looked like and Allen told him school just started. As soon as he heard that he said, "Oh no, let's not do surgery for awhile then. Why don't we see about trying a shot of cortisone?" He then explained that it has many different out comes, but generally can buy some time before needing to consider surgery. So, that is the plan. In the next couple weeks Allen will get the shot of cortisone and then we will wait and see from there.
Finally, Allen got another job! He has 12 hours with the IT department on campus, and now will get another 10-15 hours working for a professor doing a variety of administrative assistant type jobs. It should be a great opportunity to get a look behind the scenes.
Thanks for your prayers.
2 comments:
This is such great news! All of it! Praise God!
Hey stephy! I just wanted to tell you that I removed my blog so the link isn't good anymore...let's face it, I'm not a good blogger. I tried. I will let you know if I start a new one...
Sorry I didn't call today, I have been looking up information about my stomach a lot of the day...I found some interesting things, hopefully I will be able to get into the doctor soon.
I hope you didn't have too crummy of a day as far as feeling gross and sick.
Love you stephy, looking forward to seeing you soon! (2 months I guess is a ways, but we can start the countdown - it's never too early)
Love, Liss
Post a Comment