Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Love Surprises...

Do You?

I was very pleasantly surprised this week, with a visit from a wonderful, close friend from home, Jenn. She came unexpectedly with our other friends from home (Scott, Sherah and their new addition to the world, Andrew) who we knew were all coming for a visit.

Just the thing I needed to cure my homesick woes.

And now that she is flying home, I am feeling a little down. But no worries, I get to spend the remainder of the week catching up with my other great friends from home. And Sherah and I will get to spend time together. I can't wait.

What an amazing week. I have such awesome friends. And they came at the perfect time to take away my homesickness, by bringing home to me!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Mom told me about that, and it just made me smile. Please know Steph that you can always call day or night. I am ALWAYS here for you. I am blessed to have 2 great sister-in-laws in you and Karen. If every girl could be so lucky...

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise. Close friends are such a gift. I can still remember the first day I met Sherry, close to 32 years ago now!! And if you guys are like we are, when you start chatting it's like picking up from yesterday!!
Love, Grandma H

Anonymous said...

I LOVE surprises, too! Nothing could have been more fun than to surprise you and then spend hours talking and wandering the cobblestone streets of Boston. I loved my time with you and look forward to doing it again soon! Love you, Steph!
~Jenn :o)