Sunday, January 27, 2008

Kool Aid Fun



So when we went back to the Northwest for Christmas we visited our good friends Jed and Mel and their 3 kiddos. At one point they got out a bunch of colored silks for the kids to play with and the girls loved them.

I proceeded to find out how to acquire these "play silks" and logged the info away (not well as I would later have to email Mel for a reminder :-))

Well, recently I have been preparing for this year's Passover (I know it is months away, right?). This year we are hosting our first ever seder (only the second seder we have participated in, but the first was so wonderful last year that we had to do it again, so thanks David and Judy for encouraging such an amazing new tradition within our home :-)). In preparation for the seder there were several things we wanted to have before it gets close, a seder plate, kippots (or yarmulkas), copies of the book that we will be reading through (Celebrate Passover Haggadah by Joan R Lipis) and finally shawls for the ladies.

This is where the silks come in. I decided that since I need light weight material for the shawls that I would simply buy enough plain white silks for all the ladies that might attend to wear. Then last night I took these white silk scarves and used various flavors of unsweetened Kool Aid to transform these scarves into this:



1 comment:

Jeana said...

Wow, I never would have thought to use Kool Aid as a dye! They colors are fantastic. I remember playing with my grandma's scarves when I was little. We spent hours just throwing them into the air and "juggling." What a great idea!