Thursday, August 26, 2010

We need a Name Still

So I realized that I haven't given enough info to help with getting some good baby girl names. We want a name that will flow well with the 3 older girls names. Here are their names:

Elizabeth Blair (means: consecrated to God)
Eliana Joy (means: God has answered with Joy)
Malina Grace (means: Tower of Grace or Raspberry Grace if you go with the Russian :-)

Since they all are 3 syllables, that would be the easiest way to make them all 4 flow well. And since the older 2 both have "E-l-i" at the start of their names, we thought it might be fun to have the younger 2 have "M"s. Though, we are flexible, so any baby girl names, that seem to fit well along side her big sisters' names, would be great. What are your favorites??? Oh, and meaning is still a must.

3 comments:

Jeana said...

How about...

Mattea (gift of God)

Miriam (some sources say 'bitter' but others say 'wished for child')

Moria (my teacher is God. I like the spelling Mariah, better)

Can't wait to meet this little sweetie!

Carolyn said...

Okay... I know how hard it can be to pick a name, so here's some ideas.

Meredith - Great lord
Clara - Illustrious
Amelia - hard working
Mariela - bitter (but who knows... maybe it has another meaning too)

Meredith said...

Long story how I ended up at your blog ;-), but thought I'd chime in here. I've only just seen "Meredith" listed as Great Lord or Great Ruler. I had never heard that prior till today in the *almost* 30 years of my life. I've always known it to mean "Protector" or "Guardian" and it is Welsh. I like it very much :).

I also really like Jeana's suggestion above, Moria. Great meaning! Although I would have to say I like this spelling better than Mariah, simply because of Mariah Carey ;-).

Blessings to you and your growing family!!
Love,
Meredith :)