
Ellie had her 2 year check-up last week and is doing great. She is still at 70-75% for her weight, and surprise, surprise , 90-95% for her height.
She is growing so quickly physically and mentally that I sometimes forget that she JUST turned two.
Yesterday the girls were playing together when I looked over to find Lizzie laying on her stomach on the ground and Ellie sitting on her waiting ever so patiently for her big sissy to lift her for a "horsy ride". I explained to the girls that they were about the same size and that Ellie was just too big for Lizzie to be able to lift her. They seemed satisfied with that answer, and without saying a word switched places, at which point I tried to explain that Lizzie was also to big to be lifted by Ellie. I know I confused them, but they eventually relented and walked sweetly up to Allen and ask, "Can YOU give us a horsy ride?".
Ellie is becoming so independent, (though she still falls for many of her big sister's schemes). Her latest phrase that she loves to use on Lizzie, is "you not da prarent, you da sissy!" I think that says it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment