Sunday, July 13, 2008

Stupid Key Lock



So, I have made an unfortunate habit of letting the girls play with my cell phone occasionally. I have "cleverly" locked it so that they are unable to do anything more than press buttons and sometimes they are able to take a picture or two. Harmless, right?



WRONG!!!!!!


I just received a call from a strange number. When I picked up the very professional male voice, said, "This is Emergency blah blah blah (Note: read blah blahs as Stephanie going into phone shock, mind racing as I process what this means). We received a 9-1-1 call from this phone and wanted to see if you were having an emergency?" (Slight pause as I try to formulate some words to explain my utter foolishness and complete embarrassment).
"Um, No. I am really sorry that was my daughter playing with my phone. I am really sorry."
The conversation ended with some quick parting pleasantries and my mouth hanging low in shock.

So, if you ever are having an emergency, never fear, Lizzie will make the call, key lock or not!

3 comments:

Jeana said...

Yikes! Smart girl.

Your new blog template is super cute!

steph said...

Thanks Jeana. I was bored with the blogger template options and Allen suggested the site you used for yours. I am still working out the kinks (ie I accidentally deleted everything from my old widgets, including my links and our countdown), so Allen and I will be working on it in the coming week. That's another blog post though :-)

Brandon said...

I did that once. My mom ended up sending me to go and talk to a police officer about the seriousness of my child's play. Mostly, I just remember that I got a badge, candy, and the officer was very nice to me. Don't tell your daughter :-)