Friday, November 30, 2007

Wintry Mix...Is that like Trail Mix?

So anyone who has known me for awhile knows my obsession with checking the weather forecast often (and when I say often, I'm not talkin' daily, but many times throughout the day to be sure I am "up to date"). Anyhow, the latest weather forecast for Ellie's birthday (Dec. 3rd) is

A Wintry Mix

Not having lived anywhere that snow had more than one name, I am not sure what that means, but it is exciting for anyone, who like me, is a WEATHER JUNKY!

Update:
According to Wikipedia a wintry mix is as follows:

"Many factors influence the form precipitation will take, and atmospheric temperatures are influential as well as ground conditions. Sometimes, near the rain/snow interface a region of sleet or freezing rain will occur. It is difficult to predict what form this precipitation will take, and it may alternate between rain and snow. Therefore, weather forecasters just predict a "wintry mix". usually, this type of precipitation occurs at temperatures between -2°C and 2°C (28°F–36°F)."

Update #2:

We are now expecting Straight up snow...no wintry mix..no snow. Boy, I wish they would make up their mind, the suspense is killing me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world!