...that's me. I loooooooooooooove cookies! So when I was recently tagged to post a cookie recipe I began salivated over the many options and how maybe I should make sure they are still good recipes by trying them out. Unfortunately my waste line screamed "please no, please don't" so instead I will share this one "secret recipe" for my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that I really just pulled from a cook book.
Oatmeal Cookies
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: Approx 8 minutes per batch (I just keep checking them until they aren't glossy looking anymore)
Oven: 375 degrees
Makes: About 48 cookies (for normal people though we usually end up with around half that number)
3/4 cup butter (softened)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon (heaping) baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon (heaping) ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour (we use whole wheat though the recipe calls for all-purpose)
2 cups rolled oats
In a large mixing bowl beat butter then add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves. Beat until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Stir in the flour. Once combined stir in the rolled oats.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart (really I just make sure they are all the same size and have a couple inches between them).
Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes depending on size of cookies, or until edges are golden. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool (or just eat them like we do!).
We all like our oatmeal cookies with different things, so I usually do the first batch or two plain then I add 2-3 small packs of raisins and bake a batch. Then I add chocolate as needed, or desired :-) for the final batch(es).
Enjoy!!!
2 comments:
Yeah!!! I will be trying these little yummies very soon. And, I'm so glad you posted pumpkin bread on my blog. I've been meaning to ask you for that recipe too! You read my mind. :-)
That was supposed to be under my name. I'm not trying to be anonymous...:-(
Post a Comment