Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ellie Update

I know we haven't been keeping everyone up to date on the many prenatal doctor's visits for our little Ellie, so I decided to update you all today.

Today was the 26 week appointment (can you believe it! 26 weeks already which means in around 14 weeks our little Ellie will be here!). At todays appointment I took the glucose test which showed that I do not have gestational diabetes, which is great. We also got to hear her heart beat, and boy did it beat. It was really loud. Finally Dr. Fisher measured my big belly and said everything looks great.

A nice simple, almost boring doctors visit, just the way we like it. So all is well and Ellie is growing as she should. Though I must say that she has a kick that far exceeds Lizzie's when Lizzie was at this point. I hope that doesn't mean that she is going to be that much more active once she is here since I already have one ball of non-stop energy. Oh well. I guess for that we will just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steph,
I don't know if you remeber me, my name is Sherilyn Sweeney (formerly Henke). I was in your dorm section your first year at Multnomah. Anyways, I found your blog through Melissa and Jed's blog which I found on the Multnomah blogsite. I wanted to say conrats on your second baby and on your beautiful family. We live North of Seattle Washington in a town called Marysville. I just had my second baby girl, Emma, on April 9th, 2006. I also have a 2 1/2 year old, Kaitlyn. I had your doctor, Dr. Fisher when my hubby and I lived in Portland 3 years ago. I would love to hear from you. My email is darrensweeneycc@hotmail.com or kaitlynfaith@comcast.net.
Love Sherilyn
Ps. I will be in Portland for two weeks visiting my sister (she and her hubby are at Multnomah). I would love to see you!!!