Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Elizabeth the Swimmer?

In celebration of Elizabeth coming soon, Steph and I are going to host a pool. The best part for you: it's free to throw your guesses in. The best part for us: seeing your guesses. The winner receives a goody of their choice from Amazon.com (up to a $20 value!). Since a pretty sweet prize is at stake, we're going to make it interesting...

How to enter: click on the comments link at the bottom of this post. Leave a comment with your guesses for:

Date50 points
Day of the week10 points
AM or PM15 points
Time (12 hr clock)within 60 min: 25 points, within 30 min: 35 points
Weight (in lbs & oz)within 1 lb: 20 points, within 3 oz: 40 points
Height (in in.)15 points

Bonus: for the adventurous, you can put 45 points on the line and guess the gender as male (knowing the ultrasound tech has said otherwise). Guess boy and end up right, you get 45 extra points. Guess boy and Elizabeth comes out, lose 45 points from what you have.

The person with the most points wins! Your guess must vary from everybody else's in at least one category. We're excited, but we're not rich. That and we couldn't think of a good tie-breaker. In the strange event that there is a tie-breaker, we'll come up with something. We will stop taking guesses June 4th at 11:59pm. UPDATE: Due to a couple folks' tardiness, Steph and I have decided to extend ye ol' deadline. But to make it fair to the folks who were timely, late entries will get a fifteen point deduction. I will post everybody's guesses as we go along.

Note: When leaving a comment, make sure to either login to your blogger account, or select the "Other" option to leave your name. Anonymous won't do you any good here.

Have fun and start your guessing!!!

UPDATE: Here are the guesses so far... (in order received)
NameDateDay of WeekTimeWeightHeight
JeanaJune 21Tuesday2:00 am7lb 12oz21 in
KnuteJune 16Thursday8:43 am8lb 3oz21 in
Grandma HJune 19Sunday11:07 am8lb 3oz20.5 in
MariaJune 13Monday3:15 pm9lb 8oz20 in
RexfordsJune 19Sunday7:46 pm7lb 14oz20 in
Jenn NJune 15Wed5:54 am7lb 9oz20 in
MollyJune 26Sunday1:00 pm8lb 6oz19.5 in
Jen LJune 18Saturday11:02 pm7lb 9oz21 in
Papa & NanaJune 18Saturday1:30 pm8lb 2oz20.5 in
Aunt LissaJune 23Thursday1:33 pm8lb 2oz21 in
Eli (*45 pts*)June 14Tuesday8:12 am8lb 9oz19 in
AdamJune 20Monday7:05 am8lb 0oz20 in
TréJune 21Tuesday2:35 am8lb 1oz19.5 in
GregJune 22Wednesday5:35 pm8lb 3oz21.5 in
KristalJune 18Saturday11:30 am7lb 11oz19 in
David (-15 pts)June 19Sunday11:00 pm7lb 9oz20 in
Melissa (-15 pts)June 27Monday7:36 am8lb 2oz20 in
Jed (-15 pts)June 25Sunday1:47 am8lb 2oz20.5 in
Lisa (-15 pts)June 17Friday3:01 pm8lb 14oz22 in

19 comments:

Jeana said...

Date: June 21
Day of Week: Tuesday
2:00 AM
Weight: 7lb 12oz
Height: 21in
I think you'll have an Elizabeth, but do you have a backup boy name, just in case?

Jed said...

Whoa whoa whoa, I need some bookie info here -- what were your respective stats at birth?

Allen said...

Jeana, yes we do have a back up boy name should God surprise us.

Jed, Jeana and Knute did just fine without it. Steph was small, I was big. :-)

Seriously, I was born early in the morning, very close to ten pounds, 21/22 inches long, something like that... I don't remember the stats on Steph's birth. She was tiny though.

steph said...

For those that need the stats here goes:
I was 7lbs. 2oz and 19 1/2 inches at birth.
Allen was 9lbs. 13oz and 22 inches at birth.
Both of us were born past our due dates. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

June 19, Sunday, 8lb 3 oz, 20 1/2 in 11:07 AM.

Nothing scientific, just hopeful guessing I think Elizabeth will show up, she better, I've already entered her name in the Family Tree. Sure hope your tech knows his/her stuff!!

Anonymous said...

The date is a no duh!

June 19th :)

7:46 PM
Weight: 7lbs 14ozs
Height 20 Inches

By the way, Maria, a blog is a weblog

Molly said...

Hi guys!
Jeana pointed me in this direction! Congratulations!!
Here's my guess(es):
Date:June 26 (I hope not that late, but both of mine were, so I'm just going with what I know)
Day of the Week: Sunday
Time: 1:00 pm
Weight: 8lb 6oz
Length: 19.5 inches

Allen said...

Molly, great to hear from you! We just found your blog this weekend from the MBC blogosphere. Great to be in contact with you again! We've got your blog bookmarked. ;-)

Jennifer said...

June 18
Saturday
11:02pm
7lbs 9oz
21in
I think you will definitely have and Elizabeth!

Anonymous said...

Date: June 23rd
Day of the Week: Thursday
Time: 1:33pm
Weight: 8 lbs 2oz
Height: 21 inches
UH....Girl

Anonymous said...

OK, here we go:

June 14th, since that's Che Guevara's birthday.
8:12am, since that's 12 hours from now.
Weight is...8lbs 9oz, since no one else said that.
Height is 19 in, which I think was my height.
I'll put it all on the line here, since it's an option. 45 points on boy. Why? 'Cuz I'm Crazy Eli, that's why!

Excellent.

Anonymous said...

Date: June 20
Day: Monday
7:05 AM
8lbs, 0oz
20"

*sigh* and there's Eli prognosticating with a communist's birthday...

Anonymous said...

OK, here we go...

Date: June 21
Day of Week: Tuesday
Time: 2:35 AM
Weight: 8lb, 1oz
Height: 19.5 in.

(Oh, and the gambler in me is looking for another category, just to give me more chances. How about length of labor? Or do we not want to think about that...)
;-)

Anonymous said...

June 22, Wed
5:35pm
8lbs 3 oz
21.5 inches

Kristal Sawyer said...

Date: June 18th
Day of the Week: Saturday
11:30am
Weight 7 lb 11 oz
Height: 19 inches

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Date: June 19
Day of Week: Sunday
11:00 PM
Weight: 7lb 9oz
Height: 20in
Sports:Kayaking, Baseball :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, here goes...

Date: June 27 (so sorry Steph...)
Day of the week: Monday
Time: 7:36 am
Weight: 8lbs 2oz
Height: 20 inches

Yes, my guess is that you will indeed have a little girl!

I think that she will be beautiful and that she will not have any hair.

I think that her daddy will cry his eyes out (they always do! :-) )

And I think that Steph is going to have a *fantastic* labor!

Apgar score: 9 (because no one really gets a 10).

Jed said...

Date: June 25
Day: Sunday (gotta cover the bases)
1:47 am
Weight: 8 lbs 2 oz
Height: 20 1/2 in

Anonymous said...

Date: June 17th
Day: Friday
8lb 14oz
3:01 PM
22 in